Nutricia 2013 international congress presence
AAIC 2013: Alzheimer’s Association International Congress
Boston, July 2013
The Alzheimer’s Association International Conference (AAIC) is the world’s largest congress for the dementia research community, presenting the most recent dementia research. This congress is an international forum for the discussion of groundbreaking ideas and theories among the world’s leading scientists, researchers and healthcare professionals.
Nutricia participated at the AAIC as the sole Platinum Level Sponsor with a satellite symposium, an exhibition booth and 11 abstracts presented as posters by Nutricia research and their collaborators.
Nutricia satellite symposium: “ Broadening horizons: medical nutrition for managing early Alzheimer’s disease”
- Chairman’s Introduction - David Wilkinson (UK)
- Synapse loss in AD and their restoration by enhancing synaptogenesis – Richard Wurtman (USA)
- Addressing dietary factors and their contribution to the pathogenesis of AD - Jose Luchsinger (USA)
- Souvenaid: a nutritional approach to the management of early Alzheimer‘s disease - David Wilkinson (UK)
EUGMS: 9th Congress of the European Union of Geriatric Medicine Society
Venice, September 2013
During the 9thcongress of the EUGMS, more than 2000 geriatricians focused on the most relevant issues related to the theme “Improving outcomes of Geriatric Medicine”, including innovative health care practices, pharmacological and surgical interventions, and health and agingnew challenges.
Nutricia was gold sponsor at the EUGMS 2013 and presented its expertise in medical nutrition through a satellite symposium, an exhibition booth and 6 abstracts presented as posters.
The program of the satellite symposium was: “Advancing care in geriatric patients through medical nutrition”
- Chairmen’s introduction – Jean-Pierre Michel (FR) and Mario Barbagallo (Italy)
- Nutrition: a new approach to managing early Alzheimer’s disease – Craig Ritchie (UK)
- Frailty in clinical practice: where do we stand and where do we go? – Jürgen Bauer (Germany)
- Improving nutrition in the daily practice of a geriatric ward – Dienekevan Asselt (the Netherlands)
Click to on the banner on the top of the page to watch the videos of the satellite symposium.
Click for more information about the EUGMS 2013
ADPD 2013: 11th Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson Disease congress
Florence, March 2013.
During the AD/PD conference experts discuss similarities and differences between Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease, with a focus on mechanisms of the diseases, their prevention and therapy. In 2013 more than 3000 international medical professionals, mainly neuroscientists and neurologists, joined the conference.
Nutricia participated in ADPD 2013 with 2 presentations sponsored by an unrestricted education grant, 3 abstracts presented in an oral session and 8 abstracts presented as poster
AD/PD session “Nutrition based treatment”
- Main Findings of the Souvenaid Clinical Trial Program in Alzheimer's Disease - Philip Scheltens (The Netherlands) 
- A ClincialTrial Investigating the Effects of Souvenaid® in Prodromal Alzheimer's Disease: Progress and Baseline Characteristics of the LipididietStudy - Pieter JelleVisser(the Netherlands) 
- Targeting Synaptic Dysfunction in Alzheimer's Disease by Administrating the Specific Nutrient Combination FortasynConnect- Patrick Kamphuis(the Netherlands) 
- Different Nutritional Status in Patients with Mild Alzheimer's Disease Compared to Healthy Controls Marcel OldeRikkert (The Netherlands) 
- Using Electroencephalography and Magnetoencphalographyto Study the Effects of Souvenaid on the Organization of Functional Brain Networks in Alzheimer’s Disease - E.C.W. Van Straaten (The Netherlands) 
Click for more information about the ADPD 2013
CTAD 2013: 5thClinical Trials conference on Alzheimer’s Disease
San Diego, November 2013
The CTAD conference provides a platform for international teams to communicate and learn about the latest results of clinical trials in all stages of Alzheimer’s disease. It is also a key opportunity for experts to share hands-on therapeutic and methodological tools in order to improve and reinforce AD research and clinical trials.
Nutricia was present with a tailored sponsorship and an abstract was presented during the poster session.
Click for more information about the CTAD
WCN 2013: The XXI World Congress of Neurology
The WCN is the world’s biggest neurology event, taking place every two years. During the WCN, more than 4000 leading neurologists and neuroscientists discuss the latest development in clinical practice and research.
Nutricia presented 3 abstracts during the poster session. Souvenaid was presented in the exhibition area in collaboration with Merz.
Learn more about the WCN 2013
IAGG 2013: 20th IAGG World Congress of Gerontology and Geriatrics
IAGG World Congress of Gerontology and Geriatrics is a major congress held every four years. Internationally recognized experts in Gerontology and Geriatrics share their knowledge and experience through plenary presentations, invited symposia, paper and poster sessions.
One presentation relating to the Souvenaid clinical trial results was given during the IAGG 2013:
- The medical food Souvenaid improves memory performance and preserves functional connectivity in mild AD - Marcel Olde Rikkert (the Netherlands)